Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chains of Love ..


Have you felt that you are better than the youngsters around you ? Have you laughed at their antics that they perceive is rational ? Have you felt that you are wiser than them and that the younger generation is as brainy as donkeys? Have you felt that the younger generation have no element of rationality in them ? If you are nodding to these words of mine , you better not be whining about how your elders treated you . Slowly but surely I'm realizing why my parents thought i was a retard when in my head i was Einstein . Achievements of mine were branded as immature and unreal . Future plans of mine were trashed , tagged shallow and that it lacked prospect . They knew what was best for me . The trusted themselves in that . I was only a puppet or rather a slave , they would decide for me . Every time i raised my voice , my liberation seeking soul was put down . My age was laughed at . My generation scorned at . For them , i was just like a puppy on a leash . who doesn't know better . Didnt know shit from fragrance . As i defied their chains of love and care . I made mistakes . I learnt from them . Mistake I wouldn't have made if i had followed their code . Now where am I ? I don't really know. But the knowledge that i gained from my mistakes is far more valuable to me now . Its not second hand knowledge . It fuels the heart . It gives you the strength to stand up every time you fall . Something your training wheels cant teach you ..

No comments:

Post a Comment